Build your custom SlideMaster today!
Help & FAQs
Please call us at 800-374-1134 with any questions!
- Corrosion resistant (don’t need to powder coat)
- ‘Cleaner’, more finished look
- Less expensive than aluminum
- Able to custom build to a greater degree with both unit style and deck styles.
- Greater variety of length/width ratios
- Broader spectrum of weight capacities
- Our ‘workhorse’ unit – designed to take abuse
Two lock systems are available:
The “gravity lock” is equipped standard on the SlideMaster. It is a handle that unlocks the unit when it is turned either 90 degrees left or right and locks the unit in both the seated and extended positions by rotation of a handle. The gravity lock only turns to the left on the slides, except on the dual direction slides.
The “spring lock” (HSL) is optional. Pulling on the handle releases for outward travel and pushing on the handle releases for the inward travel. The HSL automatically locks in the open and closed positions. There is an additional charge for the HSL option.
The best extension for your unit will depend upon the application:
- Cheaper to buy (money savings)
- Lower profile (when vertical space is a buying decision consideration)
- Typical extention for dual direction models
100% – the default unit purchased
- When you need extra extension
- When carrying capacity is not a primary concern (700 pound max. capacity)
We also do overnight or next-day air shipments and ship to the United States and Canada.
Single direction – Slides in one direction only. The majority of our SlideMaster units are of this style.
Dual direction – Slides (extends) to either sides. This unit is primarily for basement compartments in motor homes and the compartment behind the cab in larger fire trucks. It allows access to material from either driver’s side or curb side.
- Mount on a solid, level surface capable of supporting the slide and cargo to be placed on the slide.
- If the slide needs to be shimmed the entire foot must be supported, and all the mounting feet must be shimmed equally.
- The slide must be at least bolted in the rear (opposite end of the handle) and center mounting points (single direction slides).
- When mounting a Dual Direction slide All mounting points must be used.
- Use 3/8″ bolts, grade 5 or higher, with large plate washers and nylock nuts under the mounting surface to mount slide.
- When tightening the mounting bolts, just snug them down as over tightening will cause the slide to bind.
- When the slide has mounting feet to the inside, we recommend using carriage bolts and make sure they don’t hit the upper frame when opening the slide under load.
- Sometimes the slide must be disassembled to mount, when this is the case make sure all stops, and locks are properly remounted before loading the slide unit.
- Any questions or concerns on mounting a SlideMaster feel free to call us at 1-800-374-1134.